Thank heavens for good blogger friends. I’m feeling a bit empty today and not inclined to do a Friday Film Festival post, or a Blast From the Past, BUT, Petra Michelle of Whose Role Is It Anyway and Petra Michelle’s Poetry (see sidebar for links) has kindly tagged me for what else, but a meme? I am rescued in the nick of time! I mean you can tell how lost I am just by the title of this post, what?
Memes are not too demanding and for me, today, this one is just the ticket. So, allow me to expound on a series of “Eights” – Crazy, they may be!
Eight things I am looking forward to:
1. My 15th wedding anniversary which will be spent at the lovely Mercer Hall Inn. (same room and everything!)
2. Seeing Julius Caesar presented on stage at Stratford, Ontario’s Festival Theatre.
3. My birthday, which draws ever closer as the days fly by.
4. My mother’s trip to Nova Scotia. This will be her first trip without my dad and our first time being more than 3 hours apart since 2007, so it’s a bit of a break for all of us.
5. An excursion to Elora, Ontario, this weekend to visit the cemetery, but also to check in at one of my favourite stores, “Jammed Lovely” which IS literally jammed with fantastic artsy and fun stuff (I’m going to get a new, colourful pashmina).
6. Wearing the new hat I bought yesterday – all greens and blues with a flower on the side.
7. Reading my thrift-store mystery-novel find, “Lunenburg” by Keith Baker (an Irish writer). It’s set in Nova Scotia and has a rather nasty double murder in the prologue then jumps ahead 20 years or so (just the way I like them – crossing back and forth in time).
8. Heading out to the City Bakery Cafe in town on Saturday morning for some fresh, wood-fired, bagels and croissants. Mmmm! (We’ve got some gorgeous, organic cream cheese to go with them too.)
Eight Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Visited all the folks who participated in Theme Thursday
2. Took my mother shopping for a suitcase on wheels.
3. Had an iced mochaccino (sp?) for the first time.
4. Bought Cat Power’s cd, The Greatest. (See playlist at bottom of this page.)
5. Bombed around town in the Mini Cooper with the sunroof open and the radio blaring.
6. Cleaned out my cat, Blanche’s ears.
7. Set up a double-shepherd’s hook with sock-style nyjer-seed bird-feeders (no takers yet).
8. Listened to my Irish Poetry cd from the book, “Voices and Poetry of Ireland”.
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Figure out a way to record my voice so I can share my poetry with you.
2. Catch the rat in my backyard (yes, we have a new one this year.)
3. Get rid of the pain in my lower back.
4. Read everything on my poetry shelf (see photo below).
5. Memorize some poems (my memory’s not what it once was.)
6. Hire someone to do the front garden.
7. Make a boatload of money so my husband can retire. (Sure. Dream on.)
8. Duh! Remember to do eight things, rather than seven.
– sleep in without a cat bugging for food at 5:00 a.m.!
Eight T.V. shows I watch (faithfully)
1. Coronation Street
2. Jeopardy (The best part is getting Final Jeopardy when the contestants don’t!)
3. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
4. The Big Bang Theory
5. The Amazing Race
7. Any BBC home improvement show.
8. Don’t Forget The Lyrics
Click For Source
Eight of My Favourite Foods
1. Toast (with Nutella, jam, peanut butter or olive oil margarine).
2. Pasta (particularly organic linguine with tomatoes, goat’s cheese and peppers)
3. Homemade guacamole. Send me an S.A.S.E. and I’ll send you my recipe (with the secret ingredient)!
4. Eggs – poached, fried, scrambled – any way at all. I love ‘em!
5. Curry – with chicken and tomatoes or lentils, green peppers, and potatoes.
6. Salmon – any way at all. I even love salmon sandwiches.
7. Cereal with organic skim milk (the crunchier, the better).
8. Cheese! Hard cheese, rather than soft and absolutely NO blues!
Eight Places I’d Like to Travel
1. Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Amalfi Coast, Italy
3. Dijon, France
4. Back to the site of my honeymoon (15 years ago) – Ireland (all over).
5. Northern Scotland
6. Cornwall, England
7. British Columbia
8. Anywhere my blog-friends live!
Here’s where the fun starts: I’m tagging the following people (only if they’re game, of course).
Sarah of Circles of Rain
Carolyn of Fruit of the Carolyn
TFE of Totalfeckineejit
Sandra Leigh of the Amazing Voyages of the Turtle (I keep getting this blog title mixed up with a Sting song.)
NanaTrish of Nana’s Living The Dream
Hey! If you feel like playing along, go ahead! The more the merrier, as they say.