It’s a holiday weekend here, in Canada, so I’m reading, going for drives, heading out to a show and generally, not blogging. As I write, a chipmunk is cheekily, beating out a wood-block rhythm outside my back door. The sound is circling the house and coming in all the windows. He could be a percussionist for an outdoor orchestra!
I came up with a little meme the other day that I’d like to share. In addition, my husband wanted me to add another idea that we dreamed up together one night while watching “Jeopardy”. You fans of the show should really enjoy this one.
Last 5: A Meme
Using the topics listed below, list your “last five” (provide links, if you can).
1. Last 5 books you read.
2. Last 5 movies (most recent first) you watched at the theatre or at home.
3. Last 5 cds you played.
4. Last five t.v. programs you watched
5. Last 5 things you had to drink.
If you had the opportunity to appear on “Jeopardy”, how would you want Alex to introduce you and what anecdote would you want Alex Trebek to have you share?
Here are my answers:
1. The Bottle Factory Outing by Beryl Bainbridge
2. The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard
3. Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Tam
4. Selected Poems by Carol Ann Duffy
5. Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
1. Singin’ In The Rain (1951)
2. The Bandwagon (1953)
3. The Gay Divorcee (1934)
4. Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
5. Last Chance Harvey (2008)
2. Cat Power: The Greatest
3. Nanci Griffith: Blue Roses From the Moons
5. Nat King Cole: The Very Best of Nat King Cole
5 Television Shows:
1. Coronation Street (been watching since the 80s)
2. Law and Order UK (currently, the best show on t.v. imho)
4. Wipeout! (absolutely mindless slapstick – just watch the video)
5. Poirot (old and new episodes – David Suchet is brilliant!)
A.C. Perch’s Royal blend of Danish tea
Soda water with lime
Fair trade dark roast organic coffee
Naked Grape Chardonnay Spritzer
Harmony Organic skim milk
If I were a contestant on Jeopardy, I would want to be introduced as a poet, a writer and a blogger. I would probably relate the story of my accident on the streets of a small town in Ireland when I was struck by a car and lived to tell the tale. You can read about the story (if you haven’t already) in this post: Traveler’s Checks
I’m tagging anyone who wants to take part. There’s just one condition: post your meme and come back and leave a message to say you have. I will post all names of people who take part so we can all enjoy your responses.
Have fun with it!